SCENE® LOYALTY PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the following so that you understand the Terms and Conditions of a SCENE membership.
We want to highlight a few things about the SCENE Program Terms and Conditions and the protection of your personal information:
- We will never sell or give your personal information to ANY third party vendors. Any offers that you receive, including offers from third parties that we think may be of interest to you, will be sent to you by SCENE or its Owners Scotiabank and Cineplex.
- Scotiabank may offer pre-approved credit and other products to qualified SCENE members. This means that, if you are over the age of majority in your province of residence, you agree that Scotiabank may request a copy of your credit report from the credit bureau. If you don't want pre-approved offers from Scotiabank, you can change your preferences by opting out of Scotiabank communications on scene.ca after you have enrolled.
- SCENE members are eligible for special offers from SCENE and its Owners Scotiabank and Cineplex. You agree that we may share your contact information with Cineplex and Scotiabank (including your telephone number, e-mail or other electronic address) so that Cineplex and Scotiabank can contact you to offer you products and services directly. If you don't want to receive these special offers, or if you want to specify how we should contact you, you can change your preferences online at scene.ca after you have enrolled.
Participation in the Program
- Membership in SCENE is limited to natural persons only; no corporation, trust, partnership or other entity may hold membership in the SCENE Program;
- A SCENE member ("Member") must enroll individually in his/her full legal name and such person may have only one open Account at any given time. A Member may collect SCENE Points in only one Account. Membership is solely for the benefit of the individual, therefore, it must be maintained in the name of an individual;
- SCENE Points are personal and cannot be assigned, traded, or otherwise transferred without the prior written consent of Scene LP or otherwise in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the SCENE Program, as may be amended from time to time. Any assignment or transfer in violation of these rules will be void and may, at the sole discretion of Scene LP, result in the loss of membership or the cancellation of the affected Points or Account, as the case may be;
- Scene LP assumes no liability whatsoever, including without limitation, liability for any expense, loss, cost, injury, damage, accident or any other matter or thing whatsoever, however suffered or caused (including compensatory, incidental, indirect, special, punitive, consequential or exemplary damages or damages for loss of income or profits), directly or indirectly arising out of or related to the Program or by reason of the termination of or amendment to the Program in whole or in part, the addition or deletion of reward partners or other features with or without notice;
- SCENE membership is a privilege which can be revoked by Scene LP in its sole discretion at any time and without compensation for any reason including without limitation, for abuse or breach by a Member of any of the Terms and Conditions of the Program or any other actions deemed by Scene LP, acting in its sole discretion, to be contrary to Scene LP, the SCENE Program or the interests of its Members or reward partners;
- Scene LP shall be under no obligation to continue the Program or to provide any notice of its termination;
- Each Member shall be responsible for advising Scene LP of any change of their name, mailing address, e-mail address or any other required membership enrollment data. Neither Scene LP nor its Sponsors shall be liable for misdirected communications such as mail or e-mail or any consequences thereof;
- Neither Scene LP nor its Sponsors shall be responsible for any failure of the scene.ca website or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, online or Internet entry. In addition, neither Scene LP nor its Sponsors shall be responsible due to technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any computer or property related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material relating to the Program. Scene LP reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Program should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Scene LP corrupt the security or proper administration of the Program. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Scene LP reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution; and
- A Member may not sell, exchange, give, charge or otherwise dispose of any SCENE Point. SCENE Points have no monetary value whatsoever and cannot under any circumstances form the basis of a monetary claim against Scene LP or a Sponsor and cannot be converted to cash. There may be circumstances where a Member may be responsible for any taxes applicable to SCENE Points, awards or rewards.
- To participate in the Program and earn SCENE Points and redeem rewards, you must become a Member of the SCENE Program. Membership is absolutely free and no purchase is required in order to become a Member;
- To enroll, you must have a valid Canadian address, a valid e-mail address and be 14 years of age or older;
- Eligible Cineplex Entertainment theatre locations for the Program, and the full address of each participating theatre, are available at www.scene.ca;
- To become a Member, simply complete a SCENE Program online enrollment membership form available at www.scene.ca accurately and completely. After completion, you will be e-mailed a temporary SCENE membership card with a unique Member Account number ascribed to it. You can use the temporary SCENE membership card you receive electronically, by showing the personalized bar code Account number when visiting any participating Cineplex theatre. Your temporary SCENE membership card will expire 30 days after the date of issue;
- Enrollment also requires the creation of a password or a personal identification number ("Password") which is required to access your Account online. Anyone who knows your Password and Account number will have full access to your Account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your Password, for all activities that occur using your Password and for notifying Scene LP of any unauthorized use of your Password. Scene LP is not responsible in any way for any loss arising from unauthorized use of your Password or your failure to comply with these provisions;
- A SCENE membership card will be mailed to the home address you provided upon enrollment in approximately 5 - 10 business days after your application is processed. SCENE membership cards are not transferable;
- By enrolling in the SCENE Program, you consent to receive the SCENE e-newsletter as well as other communications containing special offers about the SCENE Program and its rewards and services;
- Scene LP does not collect personal information on its website from individuals it actually knows to be under 14 years of age. The Program is not marketed to or directed towards children under 14 years of age. Scene LP requests that website visitors under 14 years of age not disclose or provide any personal information. If Scene LP discovers such information, it will delete the child’s personal information from its records. If for any reason Scene LP believes a user may be under the age of 14, it reserves the right to request proof of age of such user. If such proof is not provided, or if it is discovered the user is under the age of 14, all personal information regarding that individual shall be deleted from the Scene LP system and Scene LP reserves the right to limit and/or ban the user from membership in the loyalty Program and from www.scene.ca;
- For Members who are 14 or 15 years old, Scene LP will only collect personal information required to set up and administer the SCENE Program. Scene LP does not collect certain additional personal information used to create a Member profile such as marital status, number of people in household, household income, education and home language from individuals it actually knows to be 14 or 15 years old. If you are 14 or 15 years of age at the time you enroll in the SCENE Program, you agree that Scene LP may contact you when you turn 16 in order to collect additional personal information we did not collect when you initially joined the Program to allow you to benefit from the full privileges and opportunities of SCENE membership;
- Note to Parents. Scene LP encourages parents to supervise their children’s Internet activities and to consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also keep children from disclosing online their name, address and other personal information without parental consent. For additional information about parental control tools please consult http://icra.org/en/parents; and
- Enrollment at www.scene.ca is subject to verification and will be deemed invalid if the information is not true and/or complete.
Committed to Your Privacy
Scene LP and its Sponsors (collectively, "we" or "our") are committed to protecting your privacy. We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To set up and administer the SCENE Program including ongoing management of SCENE Accounts, and to accurately record Points and up-to-date Point balances;
- To process SCENE redemptions and issue rewards;
- To allow Members to participate in promotions and contests;
- To communicate with Members and to deliver a SCENE e-newsletter;
- To understand Member needs and preferences, and to provide Members with products and services that meet your needs or interests;
- To recommend our products and services, including pre-approved credit, or the products and services of third parties we select that may be of interest to Members;
- To provide Members with special offers and rewards from SCENE and our Sponsors and reward partners; and
- To facilitate or enable any corporate or commercial transaction involving Scene LP.
Earning SCENE Points and Discounts
- The terms "SCENE Points" or "Points" mean the points awarded when using the SCENE membership card your SCENE ScotiaCard and SCENE VISA card. Present your temporary SCENE membership card bar code or SCENE membership card when you purchase admission tickets and concession combos at any participating Cineplex theatre and receive SCENE Points in the levels and under the conditions and restrictions as set forth at www.scene.ca ;
- For the SCENE membership card, Points earned at Cineplex will only be awarded for the purchase of paid admission tickets for participating Cineplex theatres subject to restrictions as certain Cineplex coupons, offers and admission passes are not eligible towards the earning of SCENE Points. Points for the SCENE membership card will only be awarded when your SCENE membership card is presented before the completion of the purchase transaction. Points are issued for the purchase of the SCENE Members admission ticket only and the admission ticket(s) of a child or children under the age of fourteen, accompanying the SCENE Member. See www.scene.ca for details and restrictions that may apply;
- SCENE Members may also be eligible to earn additional SCENE Points by applying for a SCENE ScotiaCard and a SCENE VISA card. Holders of a SCENE ScotiaCard and/or a SCENE VISA card are eligible to earn SCENE Points on both paid admission tickets for participating Cineplex theatres as well as on other purchases you make with a SCENE ScotiaCard and a SCENE VISA card. For full details and restrictions see the Scotiabank SCENE ScotiaCard and SCENE VISA Terms and Conditions at www.scene.ca;
- SCENE Members may be eligible to receive discounts and earn Points on purchases such as concessions at participating Cineplex theatres, excluding the purchase of alcohol. See www.scene.ca for details and restrictions that may apply;
- In addition, from time to time, Scene LP may invite reward partners to work with Scene LP to provide more benefits and opportunities to Members. Scene LP may also advertise offers for which Members may earn additional SCENE Points or may redeem for additional rewards;
- Learn more about earning or redeeming SCENE Points by visiting www.scene.ca;
- Members must present their personal valid SCENE membership card to collect SCENE Points and/or benefit from discounts. Different rules may apply for the SCENE Points issued when using a SCENE ScotiaCard and/or SCENE VISA card;
- Any unauthorized reproduction of a SCENE membership card may lead to a deduction of or loss of all SCENE Points in such Account, exclusion from the Program and may have additional legal consequences, all in the sole discretion of Scene LP;
- Scene LP or a Sponsor may refuse to record or honour SCENE Points in your Account, or if already recorded, may cancel such Points, if Scene LP cannot confirm that the Points were properly issued or obtained; and
- If you believe that any Account statement showing the number of SCENE Points in your Account is in error, you must contact Customer Service (1-866-586-2805) within 60 days of the date of the Account statement or such statement will be deemed correct, except for excess SCENE Points improperly noted in your Account. Scene LP may require that Members submit documentation to support your claim.
Returns and/or Exchanges
In the event of a return and/or exchange of any purchase for which SCENE Points were allocated, SCENE Points will be deducted automatically from your Account. Your SCENE Points balance will be reduced by the equivalent number of SCENE Points issued for the returned or exchanged items on the original transaction.
Redemption and Benefits
- SCENE Points may be redeemed for admission tickets or other reward offers at participating Cineplex theatres, or any other rewards Scene LP may offer from time to time. Your SCENE membership card will be required for redemption at a participating box office. Your Account number and Password will be required for any available automated or online redemption.
- Your SCENE Points balance will be reduced by the number of Points required to obtain the desired Point redemption level. Unredeemed SCENE Points plus any Points earned in the current transaction, will remain in your Account and can be applied to subsequent transactions;
- SCENE Points can only be redeemed if the required Point redemption level is acquired prior to the redemption transaction;
- You may be required to provide proof of and/or authentication of your identity when redeeming SCENE Points to protect the integrity of your Account and to verify your Member status. In the event you do not have proof of identity, you may need to redeem Points through available Cineplex electronic means; and
- Scene LP may include in the Program additional reward partners in its sole discretion.
Inactive SCENE Membership Accounts
A SCENE membership account will be deemed inactive if:
- Your SCENE membership card has not been used to earn or redeem SCENE Points in the last 24 consecutive months. and
- Your SCENE membership card has not been used for discount activity in the last 24 consecutive months. and
- A SCENE ScotiaCard in your name has not been linked to a new SCENE eligible Scotiabank bank account in your name in the last 24 consecutive months. (click here for an updated list of SCENE eligible Scotiabank bank accounts.) and
- You haven't opened a new SCENE VISA account in the last 24 consecutive months.
Should each of the conditions above apply, your SCENE membership account may be deemed inactive and all accumulated SCENE Points may be forfeited, with or without notice, in Scene LP’s sole discretion and Scene LP may close your SCENE membership account. A SCENE membership account can be deemed inactive even if you have been earning SCENE Points through a SCENE ScotiaCard and/or a SCENE VISA card.
Should your SCENE membership account be deemed inactive, your SCENE ScotiaCard will be replaced with another ScotiaCard that does not earn SCENE points. All your existing banking information will be automatically transferred to your new ScotiaCard, including the PIN and banking passwords that you currently have.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Membership Cards
- You must notify Scene LP immediately by calling 1-866-586-2805 if your SCENE membership card is lost or stolen. When Scene LP is made aware of a lost or stolen SCENE membership card, it will flag the SCENE membership card as lost or stolen and the SCENE Account, and the SCENE membership card associated with the Account, will be rendered inactive. A new SCENE Account number and SCENE membership card may be provided at Scene LP’s sole discretion. Any replacement card will be mailed to the address provided in the SCENE Member’s registration profile and the accumulated, unredeemed SCENE Points will remain intact and will be transferred to the new SCENE Account number. Scene LP is not responsible for any redemption made by a third party using a lost or stolen SCENE membership card;
- In the event that your SCENE ScotiaCard and/or SCENE VISA card is lost or stolen, please immediately notify your Scotiabank branch or call 1-800-4SCOTIA (1-800-472-6842); and
- If you have a damaged SCENE membership card, a replacement card may be issued at Scene LP’s sole discretion. If a SCENE Point is cancelled for any reason, it becomes void without compensation.
Termination, Changes and Breach
Scene LP may change these Terms and Conditions, any aspect of the SCENE Program including redemption procedures or any rewards in any respect, all without notice and even though changes may affect the value of SCENE Points already accumulated. For current Terms and Conditions and other Program details and information, visit www.scene.ca.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Scene LP regarding your participation in the Program, your entitlement to collect and redeem SCENE Points and your entitlement to any other benefits of the Program, and supersede all previous versions. Except as expressly contained in these Terms and Conditions, there are no conditions, representations, warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise. When you deal with Scene LP or its Sponsors over the Internet, you consent to the formation of contractual relations through electronic communications. Scene LP has the final authority as to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions and as to any other questions or disputes regarding the Program.